Alienation of Affection is the twelfth episode of Season 3.
The firm is being sued for $44 million by a divorced couple who have now reconciled and who lost that amount when their assets were divided with some of them sold off at a loss.
Alicia's career may be in jeopardy when the firm is unable to locate a key document she was responsible for filing in their database. When David Lee finds a copy of the document Alicia isn't sure it's the original document. Help comes in the form of the process server in the case who has an interest in Diane.
In view of the State's Attorney investigation, Will is looking to hire a lawyer and he decides on Elsbeth Tascioni who represented Alicia during her troubles with the Treasury Department monitor. He hires her and she decides to put pressure on the Special Prosecutor, Wendy Scott-Carr.
- Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick
- Matt Czuchry as Cary Agos
- Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma
- Graham Phillips as Zach Florrick
- Mackenzie Vega as Grace Florrick
- Alan Cumming as Eli Gold
- Josh Charles as Will Gardner
- Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
Special Guest Star Edit
Guest Starring Edit
- Bryan Brown as Jack Copeland
- Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni
- Michael Boatman as Julius Cain
- Edward Herrmann as Lionel Deerfield
- Maggie Lacey as April Huntley
- Chris Henry Coffey as Jake Huntley
- Jenny Powers as Olivia
- Zach Grenier as David Lee (with)
- F. Murray Abraham as Burl Preston (and)
- Greg Hildreth as Gary
- Gerritt Vandermeer as Jason Cline