Pants on Fire is the twentieth episode of Season 3.
Alicia defends a young client, Lindsey, whose conviction was vacated due to DNA evidence. She and two other girls had been convicted of luring another girl into the woods at a summer camp and killing her. Rather than have to deal with a new trial, Peter Florrick tells Cary Agos to make them a plea offer but Lindsey and her two co-accused must all accept the offer or it's off the table. They also have to waive their right to sue the State crime lab for their errors. Alicia asks Kalinda to look into the evidence.
Alicia's successful stint on the blue-ribbon panel backfires when the report blames Peter for the cover-up in the case. The panel's chair, Mike Kresteva also announces his bid for the Governor's Office. As a result Peter is thinking of not running.
Alicia learns that her mother-in-law is the one who bought her old house from under her. Peter sets his mother straight on the issue.
- Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick
- Matt Czuchry as Cary Agos
- Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma
- Alan Cumming as Eli Gold
- Josh Charles as Will Gardner
- Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
- Chris Noth as Peter Florrick
Special Guest Star Edit
- Matthew Perry as Mike Kresteva
Guest Starring Edit
- Parker Posey as Vanessa Gold
- Dennis Boutsikaris as Tommy Segara
- Mike Pniewski as Frank Landau
- Liesel Allen Yeager as Lindsey
- Joanna Gleason as Judge Carmella Romano
- Jason Kravits as Nestor
- Will Swenson as Justin Varney
- Mary Beth Peil as Jackie Florrick (with)
- Julianne Nicholson as Callie Simko (and)
- Maggie Keenan-Bolger as Pamela Wozniak
- Sarah Sokolovic as Mary Jane Heidel
- Libby Woodbridge as Megan Zarovich
- David Drake as Jacques